Emergency Dentistry in Denver, CO
Anyone who has ever suffered through tooth pain knows how excruciating it can get. But when does dental pain mean you should seek emergency dental services? Call K2 Dentistry for emergency dental treatment if you’re in severe pain, have an infection, bleeding from the mouth, or have lost a tooth. Our dentist, Dr. Zarrar Duraiz, DDS, is available even after business hours to provide you with immediate attention.
Zarrar Duraiz, DDS On His Approach To Dentistry
Meet the family dentist in Denver who makes exceptional care an everyday occurrence.
Dr. Zarrar Duraiz is proud to bring his years of experience and commitment to excellence to the patients at K2 Dentistry. As a family dentist in Denver, he enjoys meeting people from all walks of life and of all ages. Whether it’s a child’s first dental appointment or a patient’s apprehension at treatment that requires his time, he’s always happy to give every patient his full attention and care. As a medical professional, Dr. Duriaz believes that openly sharing information, options and his opinions is important to building trust with patients. He and his team genuinely care for the health and happiness of every patient who walks through the doors of K2 Dentistry. That’s why Dr. Duraiz is also committed to keeping his family-owned practice up-to-date with the latest dental technology available.
He wants his patients to have an experience that’s not only personal, but also incredibly efficient, comfortable and transparent. His individualized treatment plans are based purely on his desire to provide exceptional care. With that goal in mind, he strives to be as upfront with his patients as possible so that there are no surprises when it comes to treatment, recovery or even cost. Patients at K2 Dentistry are in for a refreshingly different take on dentistry — one that puts them first at every turn.
Dr. Duraiz is dedicated to working around his patients’ schedules to provide excellent care, but when he’s not in the office, he enjoys all the hiking and skiing that Colorado has to offer. He also paints, reads and spends time with his wife and two dogs, Jakat and Mowgli, in his free time.
Genuine Smiles Mean Everything To Us
Everyone deserves to have healthy teeth they’re proud to show off.
When to Seek Emergency Dental Services
Any dental issue requiring immediate dental care to alleviate severe pain, stop bleeding, or save a tooth is considered an emergency. Some common dental emergencies include:
- Severely cracked or broken teeth: Chips and cracks in the teeth can happen when biting down on hard food/objects or because of an accident. A severely cracked or chipped tooth is a dental emergency because the damage has occurred inside and outside the tooth. Rinse the mouth with warm water to clean the area and call K2 Dentistry immediately. Rinse any tooth fragments and preserve them in a glass of milk and bring them with you to the appointment. Put a cold compress on the face to keep any swelling down.
- Knocked-out teeth: Any facial impact that causes teeth to become loose or fall out requires immediate emergency dental care. If your tooth is knocked out, locate the missing tooth and pick it up by the top (crown) – be careful not to touch the tooth root – and place it in milk. Then, get to our office right away.
- Extreme toothache: When tooth pain comes on suddenly, is progressively getting worse, or is intense, it is crucial to see an emergency dentist. In the meantime, use a cold compress to alleviate some discomfort.
- Abscess: An abscess is a severe infection around the tooth root or in the space between the teeth and gums. It can damage surrounding teeth and tissue. Symptoms of an abscessed tooth include fever, a foul taste in your mouth, pus, and swollen glands.
- Injuries affecting gums: If you have a gum injury, it’s essential to clean the area immediately with warm water and see the dentist as soon as possible.
- Lost crown causing pain: If the crown falls off and is causing you pain, make an emergency dentist appointment as soon as possible and bring the crown with you.
If you or a loved one have one of these dental problems, call right away to schedule a same day dentist appointment.
What is not a Dental Emergency?
Generally, it’s not an emergency if you can wait to see your dentist in the next few days. Often, issues that seem critical at first can wait for a couple of days if you can’t make it to the dentist immediately.
- Chipped tooth: If a tooth chips, but it doesn’t hurt, it doesn’t constitute a dental emergency, and you can wait to see the dentist.
- Minor toothache: The pain is not severe, meaning it’s easily controlled by over-the-counter pain medication.
- Lost filling: If you have lost a filling, you can probably wait several days to see the dentist.
While these situations may not require emergency dentistry, you should still call for an appointment to have these issues addressed promptly. We will create a customized treatment plan to address any dental problems well before they become an emergency.
How to Avoid Dental Emergencies
The best way to prevent a dental emergency is by taking care of your oral health. Brush and floss your teeth twice a day and visit the dentist every six months for a dental exam and cleaning to ensure that your mouth and teeth are healthy, strong, and free from decay. Wear a mouthguard when playing sports, and don’t chew on hard foods, candies, ice, or objects that are not food, as they can break or fracture your teeth.
How to Manage the Pain
- Saltwater rinse: Saltwater reduces dental bacteria by creating an acidic environment as you swish it around your mouth.
- Cold compress: A cold compress can help reduce your swollen face and offers some temporary pain relief.
- Anti-inflammatory tablets (NSAIDs) can reduce the sensitivity and provide you with some pain relief.
Availability for Emergency Dentist Appointments
If you need emergency dentistry, you can always count on us. K2 Dentistry is always available for emergency appointments even outside of business hours but always call ahead.
Looking for an Emergency Dentist in Denver, CO? Contact Us Today!
While proper dental hygiene and regular dental visits can help prevent dental emergencies, unexpected dental problems occur. Immediate treatment is crucial to prevent the situation from getting worse, and that’s why you need to have a reliable local emergency dentist who can see you right away. At K2 Dentistry, we’re always available to handle dental emergencies in Denver, CO. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!