Local Dentist in Denver, CO
Even if you brush twice a day and floss daily, you still need to visit a dentist regularly. Your dentist is specially trained to check for problems that you might not see or feel. Since most dental issues like cavities or gum disease may be preventable or more easily treated when caught early, consistently seeing a general dentist is crucial. With regular visits, your dentist can spot dental problems early on, saving you time, discomfort, and money in the long run.
Zarrar Duraiz, DDS On His Approach To Dentistry
Meet the family dentist in Denver who makes exceptional care an everyday occurrence.
Dr. Zarrar Duraiz is proud to bring his years of experience and commitment to excellence to the patients at K2 Dentistry. As a family dentist in Denver, he enjoys meeting people from all walks of life and of all ages. Whether it’s a child’s first dental appointment or a patient’s apprehension at treatment that requires his time, he’s always happy to give every patient his full attention and care. As a medical professional, Dr. Duriaz believes that openly sharing information, options and his opinions is important to building trust with patients. He and his team genuinely care for the health and happiness of every patient who walks through the doors of K2 Dentistry. That’s why Dr. Duraiz is also committed to keeping his family-owned practice up-to-date with the latest dental technology available.
He wants his patients to have an experience that’s not only personal, but also incredibly efficient, comfortable and transparent. His individualized treatment plans are based purely on his desire to provide exceptional care. With that goal in mind, he strives to be as upfront with his patients as possible so that there are no surprises when it comes to treatment, recovery or even cost. Patients at K2 Dentistry are in for a refreshingly different take on dentistry — one that puts them first at every turn.
Dr. Duraiz is dedicated to working around his patients’ schedules to provide excellent care, but when he’s not in the office, he enjoys all the hiking and skiing that Colorado has to offer. He also paints, reads and spends time with his wife and two dogs, Jakat and Mowgli, in his free time.
Genuine Smiles Mean Everything To Us
Everyone deserves to have healthy teeth they’re proud to show off.
What is a General Family Dentist?
A general family dentist can treat most oral care issues for the whole family. Just like a primary care doctor, you’ll visit your family dentist for regular check-ups. They receive an extensive amount of training and education before practicing general dentistry. After undergraduate school, they will attend three to four more years of dental school before becoming a general dentist.
Why Do People Need General Dentistry?
Overall, the main reason to visit a general dentist is to take the best possible oral health care. From regular oral checks and teeth cleaning to treating gum diseases, chips and cracks, or whitening your teeth when you feel the need, a general dentist can provide you with a functional, healthy, bright smile.
General Dental Services at K2 Dentistry
We provide the following general dentistry services in Denver, CO:
- Preventative care: Regular visits with general dentists allow for preventive maintenance and early detection. It is much easier and usually less expensive to prevent health problems than to treat them later.
- Dental exams and cleanings: While daily brushing and flossing at home are essential for your oral health, a professional teeth cleaning is much more thorough and removes plaque buildup. We will perform a detailed teeth cleaning, in which we will clean, polish, and rinse your teeth to remove any tartar and plaque that have built up on the tooth’s surface. Our dentist, Dr. Zarrar Duraiz, will also conduct a comprehensive oral exam to check for any problems that you may not see or feel, look for cavities or other issues, and inspect your gums for periodontal disease.
- Oral cancer screenings: We also provide oral cancer screenings as part of our dental check-ups. Dr. Duraiz will carefully examine the inside of your mouth to check for red or white patches, mouth sores, lumps, or other abnormalities. We will also examine your throat and neck for lumps.
- Mouthguards/Nightguards: These appliances worn over your teeth are used to limit the risk of mouth-related injuries to your lips, tongue, and soft tissues of your mouth. Mouthguards also help you avoid chipped or broken teeth, nerve damage to a tooth, or even tooth loss while playing contact sports such as football, boxing, soccer, ice hockey, basketball, lacrosse, and field hockey. Similarly, nightguards are worn at night to prevent damage to your teeth caused by clenching or grinding in your sleep.
- Pediatric dentistry: At K2 Dentistry, we provide general dentistry for patients of all ages. Children’s dental care includes helping their developing smiles grow and thrive. We will help your child build proper oral hygiene habits and monitor any potential dental issues.
- Extractions: There are times when it’s necessary to remove a tooth. Tooth extractions are needed when a tooth becomes decayed or damaged beyond repair. Removing the tooth prevents the decay from spreading to other parts of your mouth.
- Dentures: If you’ve lost all of your natural teeth, whether from gum disease, tooth decay, or injury, replacing missing teeth with dentures will benefit your appearance and health. We provide complete and partial dentures that are customized to restore the shape and appearance of your natural teeth. Full dentures replace an entire set of teeth, while partial dentures are used when only some of the teeth are missing.
- Root Canal Therapy: Root canal therapy, or endodontic treatment, is only required when dental X-rays show that a bacterial infection has damaged the pulp inside your tooth’s root. Root canal therapy is a painless procedure and can save a tooth that might otherwise have to be removed completely.
How Often Should You See a General Dentist?
Generally, you should visit your dentist at least twice a year, usually every six months, and otherwise, whenever you are concerned about your oral health. However, people with a greater risk of dental disease and other health conditions such as diabetes, cancer, or heart conditions may need to see the dentist every three months or more.
Cost of General Dentistry
The cost of general dentistry services varies depending on the type of procedure and complexity, but insurance typically covers the cost.