Invisalign Dentist in Denver CO
Are you a little self-conscious about your smile but nervous about getting braces? Having metal braces for a couple of years, especially if you are an adult, doesn’t sound appealing. Invisalign is an excellent alternative to traditional braces – not only can you take them out at any time, but they are still discreet while worn. At K2 Dentistry, we provide Invisalign treatment to our patients in Denver, CO.
Zarrar Duraiz, DDS On His Approach To Dentistry
Meet the family dentist in Denver who makes exceptional care an everyday occurrence.
Dr. Zarrar Duraiz is proud to bring his years of experience and commitment to excellence to the patients at K2 Dentistry. As a family dentist in Denver, he enjoys meeting people from all walks of life and of all ages. Whether it’s a child’s first dental appointment or a patient’s apprehension at treatment that requires his time, he’s always happy to give every patient his full attention and care. As a medical professional, Dr. Duriaz believes that openly sharing information, options and his opinions is important to building trust with patients. He and his team genuinely care for the health and happiness of every patient who walks through the doors of K2 Dentistry. That’s why Dr. Duraiz is also committed to keeping his family-owned practice up-to-date with the latest dental technology available.
He wants his patients to have an experience that’s not only personal, but also incredibly efficient, comfortable and transparent. His individualized treatment plans are based purely on his desire to provide exceptional care. With that goal in mind, he strives to be as upfront with his patients as possible so that there are no surprises when it comes to treatment, recovery or even cost. Patients at K2 Dentistry are in for a refreshingly different take on dentistry — one that puts them first at every turn.
Dr. Duraiz is dedicated to working around his patients’ schedules to provide excellent care, but when he’s not in the office, he enjoys all the hiking and skiing that Colorado has to offer. He also paints, reads and spends time with his wife and two dogs, Jakat and Mowgli, in his free time.
Genuine Smiles Mean Everything To Us
Everyone deserves to have healthy teeth they’re proud to show off.
What are Clear Aligners?
Invisalign is an innovative teeth-straightening technique that uses transparent, removable trays to realign your teeth slowly. The trays are worn 22 hours per day, only removed for eating and brushing your teeth.
Just like traditional braces need to be tightened every so often, you need to switch aligners frequently as well. Depending on your situation, you’ll need anywhere between 25 to 40 sets of trays to get your teeth perfectly straight.
Invisalign braces can treat several conditions, including:
- Crowded teeth
- Gapped teeth
- Mild to moderate bite issues
Invisalign Vs. Braces
Invisalign clear aligners offer you the same results as traditional metal braces, but without all the drawbacks that usually come with wearing braces. Clear aligners are not as noticeable in your mouth, and you don’t have to worry about wires or metal that could irritate your teeth or gums.
The aligners can be also be removed for brushing, eating, or drinking so you can continue to eat your favorite regular foods while continuing Invisalign treatment. On the other hand, braces limit the foods you can eat. Additionally, Invisalign treatment time is usually much shorter than that of braces.
Invisalign Treatment Process
- Consultation and X-Rays: During your consultation, our dentist, Dr. Zarrar Duraiz, DDS, will complete an examination to determine if you’re a good candidate for Invisalign treatment. Once we determine that Invisalign is the right course of treatment, we will build a custom plan for you. The process begins with digital x-rays, digital impressions, and photographs of your teeth to create a treatment plan. We’ll then create your Invisalign aligners using the digital impressions.
- Prep work and fitting: When your Invisalign trays are ready, it’s time to return for your fitting. Depending on your treatment plan, we may have to make some adjustments to a few of your teeth. For example, we may fit small attachments on your teeth to help the trays stay in place. These buttons are clear, almost invisible, painless to install, and temporary. Once we ensure that your aligners fit, you’re ready to go.
- Changes to your mouth: You’ll receive a new set of clear aligners every one or two weeks. The first few days of each new set can be uncomfortable, and you may need to spend a few days adjusting to speaking with the new aligners. At each stage of the process, you will start to see your teeth gradually getting straighter, giving you a more beautiful and functional smile.
How Long Does Invisalign Take?
On average, Invisalign treatment time is 12 to 18 months, but every smile is different, and it may take more or less time depending on what you need. The treatment time is directly related to the complexity of the issue you want to address. You should wear your clear aligners for at least 20 to 22 hours a day for the best effect, so don’t leave them off for too long.
How to Care for Your Teeth While Using Invisalign
Although you won’t have to modify your lifestyle as you would with metal braces, undergoing Invisalign treatment requires being vigilant about your oral hygiene.
Here’s what you need to do to care for your oral health while using Invisalign properly:
- Brush the trays whenever you brush your teeth
- Wash them with clear antibacterial hand soap and thoroughly rinse as needed
- Always clean, or at least rinse, your clear aligners before storing them in the case
- Soak your aligners once daily in denture cleaner or Invisalign cleaning crystals
- Only replace your aligner onto freshly brushed and flossed teeth
- Keep up with regular dental care visits for cleanings and exams
The cost of Invisalign varies depending on several factors, including the severity of the issue, how long you’ll require treatment, and the overall state of your oral health. Invisalign treatment costs anywhere from $3,000 to $7,000, but dental insurance often covers a portion of the cost.
Schedule Your Invisalign Appointment Today!
At K2 Dentistry, we believe you deserve to have a smile that makes you feel confident which is why we provide an array of cosmetic dental treatments. Invisalign can help you achieve the smile of your dreams discreetly and within a short time. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!