Restorative Dentistry in Denver CO
At K2 Dentistry, we take pride in helping our patients have a beautiful, healthy smile they can be proud of. In most cases, our patients achieve this through brushing twice per day, flossing before bed, and coming to our office for regular dental care twice a year. However, your teeth can become damaged due to infection, disease, or injury. Luckily, we can restore your teeth to their normal working function with restorative dental treatments.
Zarrar Duraiz, DDS On His Approach To Dentistry
Meet the family dentist in Denver who makes exceptional care an everyday occurrence.
Dr. Zarrar Duraiz is proud to bring his years of experience and commitment to excellence to the patients at K2 Dentistry. As a family dentist in Denver, he enjoys meeting people from all walks of life and of all ages. Whether it’s a child’s first dental appointment or a patient’s apprehension at treatment that requires his time, he’s always happy to give every patient his full attention and care. As a medical professional, Dr. Duriaz believes that openly sharing information, options and his opinions is important to building trust with patients. He and his team genuinely care for the health and happiness of every patient who walks through the doors of K2 Dentistry. That’s why Dr. Duraiz is also committed to keeping his family-owned practice up-to-date with the latest dental technology available.
He wants his patients to have an experience that’s not only personal, but also incredibly efficient, comfortable and transparent. His individualized treatment plans are based purely on his desire to provide exceptional care. With that goal in mind, he strives to be as upfront with his patients as possible so that there are no surprises when it comes to treatment, recovery or even cost. Patients at K2 Dentistry are in for a refreshingly different take on dentistry — one that puts them first at every turn.
Dr. Duraiz is dedicated to working around his patients’ schedules to provide excellent care, but when he’s not in the office, he enjoys all the hiking and skiing that Colorado has to offer. He also paints, reads and spends time with his wife and two dogs, Jakat and Mowgli, in his free time.
Genuine Smiles Mean Everything To Us
Everyone deserves to have healthy teeth they’re proud to show off.
What is Restorative Dentistry?
Restorative dental treatments focus on restoring decayed, damaged, or missing teeth to maintain proper function and oral health. Restorative dentistry aims to restore function, while cosmetic dentistry aims to improve visual appearance.
Restorative dentistry can treat several conditions, including:
- Tooth Decay
- Missing teeth
- Broken or damaged teeth
Benefits of Restorative Dental Care
When your teeth become damaged, it can affect your ability to bite, chew, or speak properly. In addition to enhancing the appearance of your smile, restorative dentistry can:
- Improve functionality for eating and speaking
- Distribute the force of your bite, helping you avoid jaw pain
- Protect your teeth from shifting into gaps left by missing teeth, protecting your facial appearance
- Keep your bite properly aligned for better biting and chewing
Restorative Dental Treatments Offered at K2 Dentistry
At K2 Dentistry, we provide restorative dental services in Denver, CO.
- Fillings: Dental fillings are typically used to fill a cavity caused by tooth decay. Fillings are also used to repair cracked or broken teeth and teeth that have been worn down from misuse. Fillings can be made from several materials, such as gold and amalgam, but the most popular are porcelain and composite resin because they are tooth-colored.
- Crowns: Dental crowns are tooth-shaped “caps” that can be placed over your tooth to restore the tooth’s shape, size, strength, and appearance. Crowns can be used for several reasons, such as to protect a weak tooth, repair broken or severely worn-down teeth, or hold a dental bridge in place. Your crown will be tooth-colored to blend in and appear just like one of your natural teeth. Dental crowns are an excellent long-term option because they are durable and usually last 10 to 15 years.
- Bridges: If you have missing teeth, Dr. Duraiz can close the gaps in your smile with dental bridges. A bridge is typically made of crowns on either side of the missing tooth or teeth supporting the false tooth and is cemented in place. Bridges help your bite, restore your ability to chew and speak, prevent remaining teeth from moving out of place, and restore your smile. The bridge may last more than ten years with good oral hygiene and regular professional cleaning.
- Dental implant restorations: Dental implants are used to replace missing teeth. An implant is a titanium metal screw that replaces a tooth root and anchors for artificial (fake) teeth such as dentures, dental bridges, or crowns. Dental implant restorations can improve your appearance, speech, and chewing ability.
How to Care for Teeth Restorations
Dental restorations can significantly improve your smile, but they require proper aftercare to succeed long-term. These three tips will help you improve your oral health and increase the lifespan of your dental restorations:
- Brush at least twice a day for two minutes to prevent plaque buildup. Floss at least once a day to clear tight spaces of debris and buildup, and use a fluoride mouthwash to rinse your mouth.
- Visit the dentist for a checkup at least every six months. At these checkup appointments, we look for signs of developing complications. Catching problems early on is the best way to prevent more complex issues from developing.
- Avoid chewing ice, biting fingernails, grinding teeth, or biting non-food objects.
Tooth Restoration Cost
Tooth restoration costs vary based upon the type of procedures you’re getting, but insurance typically covers the cost of restorative dentistry services.
Need Restorative Dental Care in Denver, CO? We Can Help!
At K2 Dentistry, we provide comprehensive restorative dental care and always strive to deliver beautiful, long-lasting results. If you have missing, damaged, or decayed teeth, our restorative treatments can help restore function and improve your smile’s appearance. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Duraiz.